January 30, 2012

Pin It Brown Butter Double Fudge Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cookies

Taken From How Sweet It Is

Week 3
The minute you click on that link above, you know it’s gonna be good!

I love cookies, love them.  I recently realized that they are by far my favorite dessert item and will trump most other options when I'm given the choice. Because they are my favorite, I’ve been into a not-so-healthy-habit lately of making a new batch every week.  Luckily I’ve got friends and co-workers who are always welcoming baked goods, so I’m not forced to eat entire batches of cookies on my own.

I found this recipe and thought it seemed like the perfect chocolate combo! 

Because I don’t have a kitchen scale I made the dough a bit differently than she describes. I followed her directions as far as the ingredients and amounts, but instead of making two different batches of dough, I made one large batch and divided it in half before adding the coco powder. (I also did not mix the coco powder in with the flour and other dry ingredients, but just added it separately at the end).  I added the coco power to the half batch that was still in my mixing bowl, then mixed in the chocolate chips.  I mixed in the chocolate chips by hand into the other half batch in a separate bowl.

At first, I assembled the cookies as she suggested, (taking one chocolate chip half and one double fudge half, placing the round ends together with the rough edges out) but when I  baked them, they did not turn out as pretty as hers.  They didn’t look so half and half, but more like a chocolate fudge blob surrounded by a chocolate chip halo or vice versa. After the first batch, I changed up my method and gently joined one chocolate chip half and one double fudge half (rough sides together) and rolled them into a ball.  There was definitely still a half and half finished product so I think I would recommend this method instead.  Super good cookies, plus the finished product is a nice visual twist on your standard chocolate chip cookie.


No comments:

Post a Comment