January 30, 2012

Pin It Loaded Baked Sweet Potato Soup

Taken from How Sweet It Is

Week 3
I loved this recipe, and really I’m all for any excuse to put goat cheese in every meal. It was also very easy, and like all the other soup recipes I've talked about, it made a ton. I love being able to cook one major meal and live off of it for the week.

I ended up using all vegetable stock, because sometimes chicken stock weirds me out, but the chicken stock probably gives it more flavor.

For the garnishes, I just stuck with crumbled goat cheese and crispy shallots, which made it soup-er delicious.  I thought two kinds of cheese might be a bit overkill (maybe not overkill per se, but definitely less healthy) and I’m sure the bacon would be really good for all you bacon lovers out there, which I’m pretty sure is everyone that eats pork and maybe even a few that don’t. I actually had a professor once that was a vegetarian, but she ate bacon…it must be that good.

Anyway, this was a delicious, easy recipe that I will definitely be making again.



No comments:

Post a Comment