March 6, 2012

Pin It Creamy Tuscan White Bean Pasta

Taken From How Sweet It Is

Week 10

So I was hungry at work and wanted food for dinner. Pretty simple.  I had close to nothing in my fridge so this involved a trip to the grocery store.  The Trader Joe's near my house has a cluster of a parking lot pretty much every day of the week, and it's especially bad Sunday-Tuesday.  So, I decided I would just walk from work, and find a recipe where I could get everything I needed at TJ's.  Trader Joe's is awesome, don't get me wrong, but they don't have everything. I came up with a couple options, but ultimately decided on this one because of how stoked Jessica was about her own recipe. She raves for a solid paragraph.

I tweaked this recipe a little because I don't eat pancetta and TJ's doesn't have evaporated milk.  As a pork alternative, I ended up using TJ's sun-dried tomato, basil and provolone chicken meatballs, because they fit with the Tuscan theme and they are easy.

I think this recipe would be really good with the cream sauce, and had I not been so lazy I could have made it over to Safeway and picked some up, but it wasn’t happening that night. Instead, I added the parmesan to mix at the end and also added about 1/3 a cup of goat cheese, to add some creaminess. I would probably recommend adding 1/2-3/4 cup of goat cheese, but that was all I had. I thought it turned out really well!  It was flavorful, super easy and pretty healthy. Definitely something will make again.


No comments:

Post a Comment