April 14, 2012

Pin It Black Bottom Cupcakes

Taken From Bakerella

Week 15

To mark the end of Passover, I wanted something delicious to break my week of eating no grains, beans or sweets. I looked through all the desserts on my list of recipes I want to try (the majority of which are sweets) and this was the winner. I mean, how could it not be?! It has all my favorite things: bananas, chocolate, cream cheese, chocolate chips, all in one!
Although this recipe does have several components, it was fairly simple.  I think my favorite part is that there is banana in both the chocolate part and the cream cheese part, score!
Dry ingredients for chocolate layer.
Chocolate batter.
Cream cheese, banana, chocolate chip mixture.
Loading up the cupcake liners.
Adding the cream cheese mixture on top.
I may have put too much chocolate batter into the cupcakes, as the layers were definitely not half and half. However, after looking at Bakerella's pictures again, it doesn't really look like hers were half and half either, so maybe I did it just right.  Since the cream cheese layer doesn't have any flour in it, it's much runnier, and not exactly batter consistency. I think if the cream cheese layer were half of the cupcake, you'd have a very un-solidified top half. I actually had some left over cream cheese mixture and baked a cupcake that was made entirely of that.  The final product was pretty gooey and didn't really seem like it ever really cooked through.
All ready for the oven! Fingers crossed they don't overflow...
Tada! A little brown on edges from non-stick pans, but all is well.
Lovely

So in the end, it turned out to be a banana chocolate cupcake with a cream cheese, banana, chocolate chip top, but I actually think that's what it was supposed to be, so...success!  It was a great way to ease back into sweets and grains and carbs.  Ok, so maybe not "ease" but it was just what I wanted J

No comments:

Post a Comment