April 8, 2012

Pin It Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip

Taken from Two Peas and their Pod

Week 15

Eating out during Passover is hard. So is going over to other people's houses for dinner. I was going over to Tom's parent's house for dinner this weekend and was going to contribute an appetizer to the mix. I debated about what I should bring, but in the end figured it should be something I could eat too (which narrows it down a lot during the week of Passover). I didn't come across too many appetizer type recipes in my blog searches that both looked good and was something I could eat. Actually, this was really the only one, so I went with it!

It was very easy to make, even though I don't have a blender or food processor.  I doubled the recipe to make sure there was enough for all and used my immersion blender to smooth it out. I left out the jalapeno (because I can't do spicy) and the only other thing I tweaked was that I only put in ~1/3 teaspoon of cumin (not quite doubling that ingredient).  Unless you really like the smell/taste of sweaty man, I would leave the cumin out altogether.  It's a pretty overwhelming flavor and if I made this again, I would skip it.  Other than that (which I think only bothered me), it seemed to be a hit. I cut up some peppers, celery and put out baby carrots as dippers. I would definitely recommend this as an easy, healthy (I used non-fat Greek yogurt) dip for entertaining.  Just making sure there is no one with an aversion to cilantro J.
Dip was matchy-machy with my new C&B bowls.
Colorful veggies to accompany dip.

1 comment:

  1. These pics look awesome.. i want to share my avocado yoghurt dip recipe on my blog but i don't have picture with me.. if u don't mind and i agree so can i use one pic from your blog.. thanks..!!

    ReplyDelete