April 4, 2012

Pin It Vegetable Pasta with Miso Tahini Sauce

Taken From Daily Garnish

Week 14
I haven't been very inspired by many recipes in the last few weeks and have really only been drawn to the cookies and desserts. Although I'd like to think they could, cookies and cake don't actually pass as dinner (especially if Tom is coming over, who only has a sweet tooth for soda and gummy bears). So, with my lack of inspiration, I kind of went the route of: fewest ingredients I had to buy + least prep/cook time = dinner for tonight!  Plus, I figured I may as well carbo load before Passover begins on Friday, and what better way to do that than to eat more pasta!

This recipe was very simple and actually quite tasty.  I don't make pasta very often, mostly because I think it's boring.  However, this sauce made my angel hair pasta into something a little more exciting, and it was a nice change from a red sauce and much healthier than a traditional cream sauce. I ended up doubling the sauce because I didn't think it was going to be enough, especially for the pound of pasta the recipe called for.  I used a half a pound of pasta, kept the vegetable quantities the same, and doubled the sauce, because I like a saucy bowl of pasta. I also left out the parsley, because I think it's gross and they were actually out of it at my Trader Joe's J
Sautéed veggies.
Miso tahini garlic sauce.
Finished product topped with parm.

No comments:

Post a Comment