May 14, 2012

Pin It Honey Dijon Potato Salad

Taken From Food Network, Rachel Ray

Week 19
Although I have made this recipe a few times in the past, it’s one I really like and wanted to share. Tom specifically requested I make this for his b-day BBQ as it’s one of his favorites.  It makes a really nice side to any summer picnic or BBQ and is especially nice because you don’t have to worry about it being unrefrigerated since there is no mayo in it. 

It’s a really simple recipe and you can make your own adjustments to the ingredients to fit your liking.  I’m not a huge fan of celery or parsley so I leave those out, but I do add in feta, because I love cheese and think it goes nicely with this recipe.

Here is what I use:

Ingredients
2 to 2 1/2-pounds small red skin potatoes, quartered
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
6 radishes, sliced
2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
1/2 medium red onion, chopped
1/3 cup feta cheese

Directions
Boil potatoes until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain.
Meanwhile, combine the honey, Dijon, and vinegar in a bowl then slowly whisk in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. To the bowl add radishes, capers, onions and hot potatoes. Using a wooden spoon break up the potatoes into large chunks. Toss the potato salad, adjust salt and pepper then serve. 

I doubled this recipe for Saturday's festivities which is why the quantities in my pictures look so big. It’s a great lighter take on the more traditional mayo heavy potato salad and a go-to favorite for me.
Boiled potatoes.
Honey, Dijon, cider vinegar and olive oil.
Added in onions, capers and radishes.
All mixed in with the potatoes and feta.

No comments:

Post a Comment