June 22, 2012

Pin It Sweet and Spicy Glazed Chicken Tacos


Inspired by the How Sweet It Is Tostada recipe 

Week 25

I’m just going to do a mini post on this one.  I didn’t take too many photos, (was hungrier than I was blog focused) but it was a good recipe so I will still share.

What I used:

Ingredients
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (Although Tom thought thighs would be better)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2-4 large flour tortillas
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
1/2 cup cooked sweet corn
1/2 cup black beans
1 avocado, cut into cubes
Trader Joe's papaya mango salsa

Directions
Cut chicken into cubes and toss with salt and pepper. Heat pan on medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add chicken and cook until golden on all sides, about 10-12 minutes. In a bowl, mix together vinegar, honey, barbecue sauce, soy sauce, garlic and red pepper flakes. Set aside.

Remove chicken from the skillet and place on a plate, keeping the heat on. Add sauce to the skillet, whisking well. Let it cook and bubble for 5-6 minutes, whisking occasionally, until it slightly thickens and reduces by just a bit. Add the chicken back in the skillet and toss.

I didn’t make tostadas (like in the original recipe) because I’m not a huge fan of corn tortillas, so I just made a soft taco/burrito type assembly, but you can really do whatever you want.  It was good, the chicken was a little dry but that was probably my bad.  I rarely cook chicken…mostly because I don’t really like it, but will still eat it whenever it is put in front of me J Confusing, I know. Anyway, this had a good flavor and was an easy, light summery dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment