July 17, 2012

Pin It Asiago Portabello Burgers with Balsamic Glaze

Taken From How Sweet It Is

Week 29

I have not always been a lover of mushrooms, this is actually a newer development in my life.  I have both my friend Bonnie (makes awesome stuffed mushrooms) and the Citrus Club's garlic beef and shitake mushrooms noodle dish (so good) to thank for this. Portabello and shitake are my favorite but I have been branching out and trying their other fungus-ey friends too. Portabellos are especially amazing because they are so thick and meaty, they really can stand in for a beef patty in a delicious burger.

Exhibit A:

I'll leave the instructions for this one to Jessica, which can be found here. This recipe was super easy and probably only took me about 15 minutes to make. A quick and delicious weeknight dinner.

We ended up using rolls instead of English muffins but if I did this again I'd go the muffin route.  I'm not a huge fan of a ton of bread on my burger, especially a Portabello burger, and I like the idea of a crispy English muffin instead. Next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment