August 13, 2012

Pin It Parmesan Chicken Bake

Taken from My Kitchen Escapades

Week 33

I wanted to make something that would feed us for a few days so I wouldn't have to cook again before I leave for Seattle (and its 80 degree weather, yes!).  I figured 6 chicken breasts (with some risotto and Brussels spout accompaniment) would do the trick.  However, in true my-mom-fashion, I overcooked the chicken.  I baked it for 45 minutes at 375 like the recipe said, but I think it's official, my oven runs hot.  I need to start adjusting my baking times so I don't over-bake anything else.  The chicken still tasted good, but was a little dried out :(

The bright side was that this recipe was super easy, and made me feel like a Midwestern house wife, on account of the mayo smothered chicken.  The recipe said you could use Greek yogurt instead of mayo, so I substituted in what I had, using 1/2 cup of yogurt and used 1/2 a cup of mayo, and plenty of parmesan. I also chopped up a yellow onion and added that to the sauce
So this was not a total failure because we both ate it and plan on eating leftovers for lunch, but I'll know for next time to lessen the bake time.

No comments:

Post a Comment