September 11, 2012

Pin It Sweet Potato Burgers with Roasted Garlic Cream and Avocado

Taken From How Sweet It Is

Week 36
Veggie burgers weird me out a little. They are always trying a little too hard to be a meat substitute, and they don't even come close.  These on the other hand are totally owning up to the fact that are not meat and never will be...but they were still really good!

If you are looking for something a little different, I'd recommend these burgers.  They were really good, healthy and easy. I ended up using kidney beans instead of cannellini beans (because I accidentally grabbed garbanzo beans by mistake at the store, which is what I get for grocery shopping while on the phone).  The substitution seemed to be fine and gave it a little more flare visually.

I used non-fat Greek yogurt for the garlic cream sauce so we get more healthy points there. I actually thought the sauce tasted a little weird and may try sour cream next time. If you're not a big garlic person you can really put whatever you want on here. Lots of room to play with flavors. I was also tempted to add cheese but didn't have any on hand that wasn't of the crumbly variety.
Sweet potato patties...see it's funny because they are on my "meat" cutting board. 
Grillin' in the cast iron.
Topped with garlic sauce and avocado.
I thought these were really good and filling and a good way to mix it up on the burger front.

No comments:

Post a Comment