October 26, 2012

Pin It Slow Cooker BBQ Beer Chicken

Taken from How Sweet It Is

Week 43
I was so excited about the whole "coming home to dinner already made" thing, I wanted to try it again! This time BBQ chicken was on my radar.

It was so simple: some chicken, some spices, some beer and a ton of BBQ sauce.
Chicken, spices and beer.
I cut the recipe in half since it makes so much, but after seeing Tom eat three BBQ chicken sandwiches for dinner, maybe I should have made the full recipe.
 After its' done cooking you shred the chicken breasts with two forks and let it marinate on low for ~30 more minutes to let all the goodness (AKA BBQ sauce) soak in. I served it on toasted buns with melted Havarti and avocado.
Delicious. It was juicy and flavorful and super simple. I also used the chicken as a topper on a green salad with avocado and feta. Yum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment