October 26, 2012

Pin It Salted Mudslide Cookies

Taken From How Sweet It Is

Week 43
There were no cookies in my house and that needed to be remedied. As I was not an avid blog follower until this year, I missed this recipe when Jessica originally posted it in August of 2011.  Thanks to Pintrest, someone recently pinned it and I found it that way.  And it's a good thing I did because these were good!

They are mudslide cookies, so not only are they filled with chocolate, but they also have instant coffee and Kahlua.  The coffee flavor is robust in scent and mild in taste, but it gives these cookies a very rich texture and flavor.

I followed the directions as she laid them out and baked them for 10 minutes = perfection!
Gooey, sticky dough.
Delicious finished product.
With salty goodness on top.
As always, they are best fresh out of the oven.
My Tupperware have been sub-par lately at the task of preserving my cookies and keeping them fresh and chewy, so I've resorted to Ziploc bags.  So far so good, meaning I eat at least 2 a day so they probably won't be around long enough to get stale.  Definitely one of my favorite cookie recipes this year, along with my brown butter oatmeal chunk cookies.  Mmmm, cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment