November 28, 2012

Pin It Brussels Sprout Salad

Taken From Shutterbean

Week 48
After a long week of non-stop sweets and baked goods, I wanted a little cleanse. And what better way to do that than to eat a bowl of raw Brussels sprouts! I swear it's better than it sounds and was super simple.

Use a food processor or knife to chop ~24 Brussels sprouts (I used a bag from Trader Joe's). Toast 1 cup of walnuts and toss nuts together with sprouts and 1/2 cups of finely grated Parmesan
To make the dressing, mix together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper, then pour over the salad.
 
This was really good and hearty, and only mildly made me feel like a rabbit. I was able to store the undressed leftovers for a few days in the fridge and it kept really well. Hardy mini cabbages are good like that.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment