December 7, 2012

Pin It Orange Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry

Taken From Kitchen Explorers

Week 49
In an attempt to use up some of my freezer contents, I decided to try out this orange chicken stir fry recipe.  I had a ton of veggies I'd stuffed in the freezer before leaving for Thanksgiving and I wanted to make sure they did not get lost in the back for months on end before I rediscovered them, most likely with server freeze burn. I had a plethora of carrots, broccoli and snap peas so that's what was going in this recipe.
The recipe was fairly simple and tuned out pretty well.  I didn't overcook the chicken (a feat in itself) and it tasted like orange chicken, so there you go.
I'm never so impressed by stir fry. It's just not a dish that blows me away and makes me to say, "Oh this is really good!" So with that said, this was fine.  Nothing amazing, but flavorful and a good recipe if you find yourself with veggies that need a good home.
A recipe that did make me say "Oh this is really good!" was the Lasagna Rolls that Tom made earlier in the week.  Since he made it and we took no pictures I can't really do a post about it, but I can share the link :) The lasagna rolls were pretty easy and really good.  And, like I've found with most lasagna, it's even better the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment