December 11, 2012

Pin It Pumpkin Pizza with Crispy Sage

Taken From Two Peas and Their Pod

Week 50

Alright, this may sound a little odd at first but it was actually really good. I'm still in fridge clean out mode and I knew we had a ton of shredded cheese from the lasagna rolls and some pumpkin leftover from the gross soup, so I figured I'd try this out.  I was unsure about how this would turn out so I made a backup kitchen clean out pizza (roasted red pepper, chicken sausage and red onion) just in case the pumpkin pizza was crap. But it wasn't, it was good!

You can make your own crust...but why would you when you can get it at TJ's for $2. I mixed one cup of pumpkin puree with some spices (salt, pepper and nutmeg) and spread it over my pizza dough.  I fried up some sage leaves in a little olive oil and let them drain for a few minutes on a paper towel. My plethora of shredded cheese included mozzarella and Parmesan so that was what I used (not Gouda like the recipe called for). I'm sure Gouda would be really good, but buying MORE cheese didn't seem conducive to cleaning out the fridge and using what we had.
I topped the pumpkin with shredded cheese and fried sage leaves.
Love me some sage. Probably my favorite herb.
I baked it for 15 minutes at 450 and it was delicious.  Rich, creamy and very weather appropriate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment