December 3, 2012

Pin It Soft Gingersnap Cookies with White Chocolate Chunks


Taken From Two Peas and Their Pod

Week 49
Well my evening of disappointing pumpkin soup was not totally ruined, thanks to these delicious cookies!

In the past, my go-to ginger molasses cookies were these (claiming to emulate Starbucks' ginger molasses cookie) but I thought I'd try something new.

These claim to be soft, chewy and to elicit praise from sugar loving friends (ok, I added that last one based on actual happenings).  Success!

Make dough, stir in chips, blah blah blah.
Roll the dough into balls and roll in granulated sugar.
 
Resist eating raw cookies.
 
Bake for 10 minutes at 350 for perfection.
 
 
These were delicious and a good alternative to my previous tried and true molasses cookie recipe. However, I want to make it clear that one does not replace the other; there is room for both in your cookie recipe repertoire. While these are puffy, chewy and have the sweet addition of white chocolate chips, they lack the super buttery texture and chewy gingered candy that really makes the Sweetapolita recipe. So try them both, do a taste test, I'm sure both will be a hit.

1 comment:

  1. Deeeeeelish! So yummy! Thanks for my pre-dinner dessert!

    ReplyDelete