May 4, 2013

Pin It Nutella Stuffed Brown Butter & Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies

Taken From Ambitious Kitchen
Well hello again.  I know I've been slacking lately (especially on the Cook the Books Bouchon Bakery front) but I have a good excuse: I got a new job!  I started a couple weeks ago and my free time went out the window! Also, in my defense, I did attempt to make a coffee cake from the Bouchon Bakery cookbook, but it called for 200 grams of eggs, and I promptly gave up.

For my recent visit to DC, I came with treats in hand as requested by my sister-in-law. She sent me this recipe months ago, and I promised I'd make them when I came to visit.

These are delicious, especially if you are a fan of Nutella.  I don't even really like Nutella but thought these were amazing.  Plus it got me thinking about all the other things I could stuff inside chocolate chip cookies, like peanut butter, or chocolate peanut butter!  It also reconfirmed the superiority of using brown butter in cookies.  I finally figured out what it is exactly that makes it so amazing.  When you brown butter it's like you are making caramel without the sugar, but the butter still gets this amazing caramel flavor and color.  Even the raw cookie dough is superior.  I love it and will always (unless I'm feeling particularly lazy) use brown butter in my chocolate chip cookies.

I'll try and share more recipes soon but I'm not making any timeline promises. Please don't hold it against me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment